Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy-Peasy, My Non-Secret Recipe

I've mentioned in a previous post my aversion to cooking. Definitely not my choice of hobbies, though I do wish somewhere deep inside I could pull out a tiny shred of interest. For my family's sake, of course. Yes, I do cook; not well, and not much, and in as little time as possible.

Now baking is a little different. I'm not even sure why. Maybe I prefer baked goods to cooked goods (they sure do smell good cooking). Or maybe it is because I seem to have much better luck with something that cooks SSLLOOWWLLYY?

Well, whatever the reason, one of my favorite recipes (and one that gets the most raves) is my banana bread. It is easy (bonus!) and delicious! And best of all, I am willing to share! Are you ready?

Easy-Peasy Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Beat together:
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup Sugar

Add and beat in:
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about to medium bananas)
1 cup flour
1 cup Bisquick (you can also substitute the flour and Bisquick for 2 cups Jiffy Mix.)

Pour into greased and floured bread pan
Bake for 50-60 minutes.
For muffins: Makes 12. Grease or paper line muffin tin. Cook for roughly 22 minutes. Insert toothpick to check. 

That's all there is to it! Well, I've got to go get mine out of the oven! Enjoy! :D

No comments: